Profile of Invited Expert “Taku”
- Full Name
- Chief Charles Achaleke Taku
- Barrister at Law, International Lawyer
- Lead Counsel, International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda, Special Court for Sierra Leone, ICC
Chief Charles Achaleke Taku holds a diploma in law and economics from the University of Yaoundé, then an LLB (Hons) from the same university and an LLM from the University of London. He was called to the Cameroon Bar Association as a barrister-at-law in 1984.
Chief C. Takuwas appointed lead defense counsel at the United Nations International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (UNICTR) in October 1999 and lead defense counsel at the Special for Sierra Leone in July 2005. In March 2012, Chief Taku represented a client at the ICC in March 2012 and the African Court on Human and People’s Rights. The above professional assignments are ongoing. He has successfully litigated a number of cases at the United Nations Human Rights Committee in Geneva, Switzerland, and in national jurisdictions.
- Selected Citations to Published Materials
- Contextual Foundations of International Criminal Jurisprudence: Selected Cases, AuthorHouse UK (2012).
- Member for
- 7 years 46 weeks