Profile of Invited Expert “Jackson”
- Full Name
- Professor Miles Jackson
- Associate Professor of Law
- Jesus College, University of Oxford
Miles Jackson is an Associate Professor of Law at the University of Oxford and a Fellow of Jesus College. He holds MA and DPhil degrees from the University of Oxford, an LLM degree from Harvard Law School, and an LLB from the University of South Africa. Miles has a range of research interests in general international law, including jurisdiction, immunities, and the law of state responsibility, as well as in international and domestic criminal law. His doctoral research, supported by a Rhodes Scholarship, was on complicity in international law and was published by Oxford University Press in 2015. His work has been published in, amongst others, the European Journal of International Law, the Oxford Journal of Legal Studies, and the Journal of International Criminal Justice. In 2017, he was awarded the Cassese Prize for International Criminal Law Studies. He has practiced law and clerked at the Constitutional Court of South Africa and the International Court of Justice.
- Selected Citations to Published Materials
- Amnesties in Strasbourg, 38 Oxford J. Legal Stud. 451 (Mar. 19, 2018), available online, doi.
- Regional Complementarity—The Rome Statute and Public International Law, 14 J. Int’l Crim. Just. 1061 (May 4, 2016), available online, doi.
- The Attribution of Responsibility and Modes of Liability in International Criminal Law, 29 Leiden J. Int’l L. 879 (Jul. 28, 2016), paywall, doi.
- A Conspiracy to Commit Genocide: Anti-Fertility Research in Apartheid’s Chemical and Biological Weapons Programme, 13 J. Int’l Crim. Just. 933 (Apr. 25, 2015), available online, doi.
- Member for
- 3 years 17 weeks