Profile of Invited Expert “Reinold”
- Full Name
- Theresa Sophia Reinold, Dr. rer. soc.
- Juniorprofessor of Global and Transnational Cooperation Research
- Duisburg-Essen University, Institute of Political Science
Theresa Reinold is Juniorprofessor of Global and Transnational Cooperation Research at Duisburg-Essen University. Prior to that, she was Assistant Professor of International Relations at Leiden University, and a postdoctoral research fellow at Harvard University, New York University, and the Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin. She earned her Ph.D. from Tübingen University and a Diplom (MA equivalent) from Freie Universität Berlin.
Her research lies at the intersection of international law and international politics, focusing in particular on the rule of law in its various dimensions. Her contributions have been published, inter alia, in the American Journal of International Law, the International Journal of Constitutional Law, Third World Quarterly, and Ethics & International Affairs.
- Selected Citations to Published Materials
- Holding International Organizations Accountable: Towards a Right to Justification in Global Governance?, Ethics & Int’l Aff. (forthcoming, 2022).
- Guatemala, the Question of Amnesties, and the Inter-American Human Rights System: Implications for the Fight against Impunity, 93 Die Friedens-Warte 123 (Nov. 2020), available online, doi.
- A New Type of Hybrid Actor in Global Governance: Anti-Impunity Commissions, Shared Sovereignty, and the Rule of Law, 53 VRÜ 245 (2020), paywall, doi.
- The Promises and Perils of Subsidiarity in Global Governance: Evidence from Africa, 40 TWQ 2092 (Jun. 7, 2019), paywall, doi.
- State Weakness, Irregular Warfare, and the Right to Self-Defense Post-9/11, 105 Am. J. Int’l L. 244 (2011), paywall, doi. ↩
- Member for
- 10 weeks 19 hours